Monday, March 30, 2015

Persistent Aim

To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 
Romans 2:7 NIV

I don't want to get into the deep theology found here in Romans 2, although I really do love it when I get the opportunity. I just want to note that as Christians we already know we are saved by grace but, we want to enjoy that grace on a daily basis. That's why we read the Bible, go to church and view sites that might encourage us to press on in our faith. 

I think persistence in doing good leads to the fruit of faith. In persistence of faith lived out we can enjoy a foretaste of eternal life in the present. We seek to glorify God. We seek to honor God. We seek immortality found in faith in Christ. 

The great golfer Ben Hogan once said, “Every day that I missed practicing takes me one day longer to be good.” Let's flip that and apply it to us. Every day we seek his kingdom and righteousness we enjoy the fruits of righteousness. 

1 comment: