Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Do You Need Some Hope?

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
   Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
   for I will yet praise him,
   my Savior and my God.
Psalm 41:5-6a

The Lutheran hymn, "My Hope is Built on Nothing Less" by Edward Mote* reminds me that Christ is my hope. I have been singing that song since I was a child when my mother and grandmother took me to church every Sunday. 

Sometimes - I lose my way a bit. 
                   - I get a little confused.
                   - I get anxious over things I can't understand or control.
                   - I sin.
                   - I'm disappointed in myself...
                   - I can't see my way out.
                   - The enemy is in full blown attack mode.
                   - I'm just tired...

Where ever you are at, it's time to remember, "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). Christ is your hope. You will yet praise him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment