Tuesday, November 18, 2014

God Gives the Victory

You are my King and my God,
   who decrees victories for Jacob.
Through you we push back our enemies;
   through your name we trample our foes.
I do not trust in my bow,
   my sword will not bring me victory;
but you give us victory over our enemies,
   you put our adversaries to shame.
In God we make our boast all day long,
   and we will praise your name forever.
                                                   Selah
Psalm 44:4-8

Who do I trust? I'm in a little battle right now and the question is: do I trust in my ability to finagle my way through the situation, or, am I going to trust God to open the door and make a way?

I guess the way I look at it is if I were in a real battle I would fight the enemy who was in front of me. So, if God puts something in front of me I should "attack" it, if not, I just lob some prayers into the fray. 

The truth that I need to remember is that it is God who gives the victory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment