Friday, November 14, 2014

Do You Need Some Joy?

Then will I go to the altar of God,
   to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the harp,
   O God, my God.
Psalm 43:4

Once again David doesn't allow himself to be stuck in his emotions. He is obviously feeling depressed. But he knows that his joy and his delight is going to be found in God. 

I don't think David is trying to make a deal with God. He's not saying that if God rescues him then he will praise him. David is asking God to bring him to the place where God dwells, believing that God will, and when he gets there he will praise God for bringing him there!

What battle are you in? Where do you need his light and truth to shine? 

Father, send us your light and truth to lead us and bring us to your holy mountain. We put our hope in you believing we will yet praise you for your deliverance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment