Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Three To Be in Christ

In your majesty ride forth victoriously
   in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness,
let your right hand display awesome deeds. 
Psalm 45:4

Most of the time, we are known for what we do. What we say matters only if we practice what we preach. Being a man or woman of truth, humility and righteousness is a fine legacy indeed. 

I could give a nice little exposition of theses verses and how they relate to marriage and to Christ. But as a devotional I just want to key in on the idea that Christ is the truth, he humbled himself and he is our righteousness. 

In John 14:6 "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.""

In Philippians 2 Paul reminds us that Christ "humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on the cross" and that attitude of humility is the same one we should have.

When speaking of boasting the apostle poignantly reminds the Corinthians, "It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is our righteousness, holiness and redemption."  

How does this apply to us today? It's pretty straight forward isn't it? I should be truthful, but with love. I should be humble which means to know who I am in Christ and serve others accordingly. I should also openly remember that Christ is my righteousness and act with his righteousness in all my encounters today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment