Monday, November 24, 2014

Fist Pump for a Good Prayer

The Lord blesses us in different ways. I was really blessed this week end by my sons. I went with my youngest son to a Boy Scout event called The Great Pumpkin Smash, where boys (and adults who wish to participate) get to destroy pumpkins with anything from arrows to shot guns. 

After we got home yesterday we cleaned up, rested a bit and then went out to dinner. My two oldest sons came over and joined us. At the end of the meal they tried to pay. It was very nice. 

Psalm 127:3-5 says:
   Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
      children a reward from him.
   Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
      are sons born in ones youth.
   Blessed is the man
      whose quiver is full of them.
   They will no be put to shame
      when they contend with their enemies at the gate. 

At camp breakfast my youngest volunteered to say grace for the meal. He got a sincere "good job" from the Scout Master. He prayed sincerely and with thanksgiving. It may seem weird to sort of fist pump your son for praying well, but, it seemed like he was praying to the God he knows, not just the one I tell him about. I'm proud of that.

I thank God that I was blessed to sit with my family and eat a meal with genuine love. That's a good day to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment