Sunday, November 2, 2014

I Am Thankful for Being Pardoned. What Are You Thankful For?

Who is a God like you,
   who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
   of the remnant of his inheritance. 
You do not stay angry forever
   but delight to show mercy.
You will again have compassion on us;
   you will tread our sins underfoot
   and hurl our iniquities into the depth of the sea.
You will be true to Jacob,
   and show mercy to Abraham,
as you pledged on oath to our fathers
   in days long ago.
Micah 7:18-20

Sunday is the day I try to start out remembering all the reasons and I am thankful to God. These verses remind me very specifically of God's mercy to me that in Christ my sin is pardoned and my transgressions are forgiven. 

I am also thankful that God does not stay angry with me. He will not let my sins overtake me but, in his compassion he tramples my sins underfoot by the power of the cross. Thank you, Lord Jesus Christ!

What are you thankful for today!

1 comment: