Saturday, January 25, 2014

GOD'S ANSWERS ARE AWESOME AND RIGHTEOUS

You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds, God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas, who formed the mountains by your power, having armed yourself with strength, who stilled the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, and the turmoil of the nations. The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.
Psalms 65:5-8 (NIV)

Two things this Psalm makes me think. One, how do I look for God to answer my prayers and two, do I sing songs of joy?

I don't believe I can coerce God into answering my prayers let alone answering them a specific way. But, I maybe I don't see what God is doing sometimes because I am not looking. For example, I always pray that God will bless my family and I often miss that we have never gone a day hungry without a place to live, and we are fairly healthy despite the fact we aren't heath nuts. God is good but I don't always "see" it. 

Sometimes being thankful for the "little" things helps me see the "big" things God is doing or wants to do. Or, it a least allows me to have the faith to wait on him. 

May you be thankful for all God does do and your eyes be opened to what he is doing.

Father, thank you for all you are doing in my life whether I see it or not. Praise be to you in us today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment