Monday, January 27, 2014

BRACE YOURSELF FOR GOD

"Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:
 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
     with words without knowledge?
 Brace yourself like a man;
     I will question you,
     and you shall answer me.""
 Job 38:1-3
After everybody speaks, Job, the friends and the young know-it-all, God answers... I wonder if Elihu was taking a breath, getting ready to share a little more of his wisdom and God cut him off? 

What would I do if God just kind of popped in on a discussion about God I was engaged in? I think that is a healthy way to approach some of our conversations about God and his ways. We do have the Bible that speaks to us in truth about God. Even there I worry. 

I don't worry about the Bible being true, I worry about the way we sometimes approach the Word of God. I think the problem with some theologians is they believe they have the wisdom within themselves to judge the validity of the Scriptures. They don't approach the scriptures in humility. It's not just professional theologians who act as if they can, by their own wisdom, canonize Scripture. Sometimes we do. 

The point I am trying to make here is that God, does want us to brace ourselves in Christ, because one day, we will answer him. As you walk with God this week, remember that God has spoken to you through his word, the Bible. His word is true and relevant for you. You may not understand the end from the beginning or why your life is going the way it is, but, you can know God is still God and he reigns whether we discern it or not.

Father, open our eyes to see you in our lives. Thank you that you reign over all, you reign in our lives. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment