Saturday, January 18, 2014

THE LORD WILL FULFILL

"Though the LORD is on high, 
     he looks upon the lowly,
     but the proud he knows from afar.
 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
     you preserve my life;
 you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,

     with your right hand you save me.
 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
     your love, O LORD, endures forever - 
     do not abandon the work of your hands."
 Psalm 138: 6-8


It truly is amazing that God, the Lord of heaven and earth, though he is on high, looks upon the lowly. Jesus said, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:3) The deal is that if you are full of yourself you can't see God. Sometimes we don't seek God until we feel we need him. What is good is when you are in place that you always know you need him. 

Because of God's enduring love for us we can rest in the knowledge that he will fulfill his purposes for our lives. I know this is not always easy to apply, but, the truth, what the Lord tells us through the Bible, is that he will fulfill his purposes for our lives.

Thank you, Father, for your love for me. Open my eyes to see you in my life. Fulfill your purpose for me. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment