Friday, January 17, 2014

OK GOD, IT'S UP TO YOU...

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." James 4:10

The world says to fight for everything you get, to look out for number one, just do it.  Or, in this age of entitlement, sometimes people just feel they are owed things. 

To humble ourselves before God is to see things as they really are. God is Sovereign. I am finite. God is righteous. I am not. God is whole and complete. I am fractured by sin, incomplete without Christ. 

To humble ourselves before God is to trust him with our needs and desires. It is more than being able to say, "Your will be done". It is knowing that God will work our all things for our good. That means that God has me where he wants me and if I am not where he wants me, he can move me, or move what needs to be in my life. He can move me to the mountain, or move the mountain to me. 

Father, we look to you to use us where we are at and to move us to where you want to use us. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment