Wednesday, January 8, 2014

EPIDEMIC: FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE

We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.
James 3:2 (NIV)

Unfortunately the bad taste in my mouth is often because I put my foot there and the aftertaste of where they have been is not to pleasant. Not to attempt to diminish the legendary status of my foot in mouth disease, but, I notice that I am not the only one. 

James says we all stumble in many ways.  Nobody is perfect. That is not an excuse or deflection, it is just the truth. What James seems to be getting at is that if we can control our mouths we can control our lives. If we can, by faith, be controlled by the Holy Spirit, we can be mature. 

Check yourself. Who or what is controlling you? Jesus said, "The good man brings out good things stored up in him, and the evil man brings out of the evil stored up in him" (Matthew 12:35). I read my Bible daily. I pray. I try to seek God. I don't do these things because I am spiritual. I do them because I know that in me lives no good thing. I need to store up good things within myself. I need to align myself in Christ. He will fill me with good things of the Spirit. 

How do you check yourself?

Father, help us to keep ourselves in check with you. Praise be to you in us today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment