Tuesday, October 15, 2013

GO AHEAD AND ASK

"Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus". Hebrews 10:19

When I was around twenty I was blessed to be able to attend Capernwray Bible School in England. The head of the school befriended me and I spent a good amount of time hanging out with him. For a while I was struggling with something and I didn't want to talk to him because I knew he would cut straight to the chase. Finally I went to talk with him about what I was struggling with and when I told him he said, "I knew it, I was just waiting for you to come talk to me." There was no condemnation, just help.  

Sometimes we act like that with God. We try to fix ourselves before we go to God. When we get tired of just messing it up more, we go to him and he simply says, "I know, I've just been waiting for you to come to me." 

Is there something you have been trying to fix or make right before you really seek God? Whatever it is, he knows and he is just waiting for you to call upon him. 

Father, thank you for being so patient and loving. Thank you that you do not condemn us, you sent your One and Only Son to die for us! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment