Thursday, October 24, 2013

DEFEAT INTO VICTORY!

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36

Yesterday morning at a men's study I attend we were discussing how you turn defeat into victory and victory into defeat. What it made me think about was the times that I was impatient and not willing to wait for God. In that I turned victory into defeat. 

I think about Saul and how he got impatient waiting for Samuel  (I Samuel 13) and offered up the offerings himself. If he would of waited his kingdom would of been established for all time, instead, he lost it all. 

Hebrews reminds us to persevere. Don't give up! I may be a long wait and may seem like God isn't going to show up, but, in his time, he will! We turn defeat into victory by persevering. 

God has promised us abundant life. Our perseverance will be rewarded. Keep on trying to do the will of God and he will be faithful to reward you. 

Father, help us to be confident in you. Show us yourself! Help us to persevere and do you will. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment