Saturday, October 12, 2013

CAST AND SUSTAIN

"Cast your cares on the LORD
     and he will sustain you;
     he will never let the righteous fall.
 But you, O God, will bring down the wicked 
     into the pit of corruption;
 bloodthirsty and deceitful me
     will not live out half their days.
But as for me, I trust in you."
Psalm 55:22-23

This world is full of corruption. To most people, truth is optional and the value of a human is not much more than any other animal. Trusting in man is useless. 

Trusting in God is trust that does not let you down. God does what he says. The bloodthirsty deceit and corruption of the world swirls around us, but, God is not moved nor is his faithfulness compromised. Cast your cares on the Lord. Tell him what is concerning you. Share with him what worries you. He will sustain you. 

I know because he has. He has sustained me through self-inflicted trials and trials that I did my best to avoid. 

Take a moment and remember how God has sustained you...do you remember? 

No comments:

Post a Comment