Thursday, October 17, 2013

COME ON IN

"Let us draw near to to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water." Hebrews 10:22

I think it was Popeye that said, "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam". The point? To God you are you are and that's all you are. No fooling God. No need to try to be what you are not. That is why Jesus died for our sins. 

Sincerity is truth without pretense. I not sure what is worse, to try to get right before you seek God, or, to think you are right when you are not when you go before God. Probably the later because then you don't think you need his forgiveness. We ALL need his forgiveness because all have sinned and fallen short of his glory. 

The good news is that drawing near him knowing that you need his forgiveness is what you are supposed to do. There are no required words, no set formulas to be draw near to God except to do so sincerely, truthfully. In Christ God says, "Come on in." 

"God, I am what I am and here I am. And I come to receive grace  and mercy." Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment