Tuesday, October 29, 2013

FAITH IS NOT GETTING WHAT I WANT...

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

The Apostle Paul said that he was, "an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope" (I Timothy 1:1). And in Colossians 1:5 he reminds us that faith and love spring from the hope that is stored for us in heaven. 

Jesus is our hope. We can be sure that that our hope in him is real and certain that he will do what he set out to do and that is save us from sin and make us God's children. 

Faith is not getting what I want but knowing that God will provide what I need. God has me where he wants me. God is doing what he wants to do in my life. I may not see where he is taking me, but I trust that it will be where I need to be. 

Father, thank you that in your Sovereignty, grace and mercy, you reign in my life. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment