Monday, October 21, 2013

JUST SERVE!

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:24

Every now and then one of my children will do something that my wife, their mother, really appreciates and she will say, "My child loves me" (you know, with the head tilted and a thankful dreamy voice, kind of sappy). Then the other one will say, "I love you too!"  An "I love mom more than you battle" may follow. They, in a way, spur each other on toward loving mom. 

I am not saying we should be having some sort of "I love God more than you" type of battles or even discussions, just that when we see someone else serving God we should be moved to serve God ourselves. 

The two sides to this are one, me being willing to jump in with others and do what needs to be done and two, me being in, encouraging others to serve also. The question for me is: How can I do this this week? maybe even today?

Father help us to serve and serve alongside others. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment