Sunday, June 14, 2015

Thank God for His Comfort


A blessed Sunday to you all! Today we remember to rest in the Lord. Psalm 86:17 reminds us that God has comforted us. 

I am first of all reminded of John 14:26, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." (KJV) 

I am also reminded of the many times that the Spirit has comforted me through many painful and difficult circumstances. It wasn't in the highlights that I really learned that God is always with me, whether I feel his Presence or not, it was in the depths of pain, conflict and fear that I learned he is always with me, comforting me with the knowledge that he will never leave me or forsake me and he will use all things to work his good in my life. 

That leads me to our final thought and that is found in 2 Corinthians 1:4, " Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 

No comments:

Post a Comment