Thursday, June 11, 2015

I Am The Worst

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Timothy 1:15-17 NIV

Being a guy I, of course, enjoyed watching The Three Stooges growing up. There is a bit they did where they each offer to let the other ones go through the door first then they all go at the same time and bump into each other. 

In a way, our humility should be a bit like that, each of us almost bumping into each other realizing that we are the worst of sinners. God doesn't save us to show how good we were, he saves us to show how merciful he is. I feel that if God uses me in any way it is not because I am such an awesome disciple, he uses me to show that he can use anyone, even someone like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment