Thursday, June 18, 2015

Be Strong in Grace

You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 
2 Timothy 2:1 NIV

I think I can be strong in a lot of things but, not have grace. I can be strong in my opinions. I can be strong in my convictions. I can be strong in my stand against injustice. But, I can be lacking in grace. 

Isn't that what the Pharisee's were like. They were confident in what they thought the Scriptures taught. They were willing to defend what they thought was right. And they pursued people who didn't obey the law with brutal consistency.  But, they didn't have a clue about grace. 

As Christ was on the cross, placed there by the people he came to save, between two criminals while Roman soldiers were casting lots for his clothes, he said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing?" (Luke 23:34). I can't imagine a greater example of grace, strength in grace, than that. 

Thank you, Lord Jesus Christ, for being so gracious to me, even now. Give me strength in your grace to give to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment