Monday, June 1, 2015

Set Your Heart and Mind Right

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 
Colossians 3:1-2 NIV

Twice a year I have to reset my clocks and watches for day light savings time. I wish they were all like my phone that does it automatically, but no, most I must do myself. 

I guess we all wish our hearts and minds would reset themselves automatically, but no, it's something we must consciously do ourselves. That is the purpose of having daily devotions, going to church and  studying the Bible; to reset our hearts and minds on things above. We know we are going to work (at home or away). The thing is live with heaven in mind. Know that Christ is seated at the right hand of God, interceding on your behalf. It's not really thinking, "I can't wait to get to heaven" so much as how can I live for Christ hear and now, today, and bring heavens reign into my life. 

Lord, help us to live for you today. Reign in us today. Bring your glory, your grace, mercy and forgiveness through us today into this dark world. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment