Monday, December 1, 2014

Reverence: A Good Deal

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall. 
Malachi 4:2

I think this is a good deal. I revere God's name. He heals my life. 

What can I do today to revere his name? 

I can read the Bible. I can pray. 

From the book of Malachi I can: 
  • remember and thank God that he has loved me in Christ Jesus.
  • be honest in my offerings to God.
  • tithe.
  • keep my marriage vows. 
These may seem simple, but, sometimes simplicity is the key to success. I find it profound that the last book of the Old Testament, Malachi, begins with the reminder that God first loved us. The New Testament will be the demonstration of God first loving us by the sacrifice of Christ on our behalf. Our response is to revere his name and love as he has loved us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment