Friday, December 19, 2014

Is Jesus Welcome Here?

At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.
Matthew 18:1-5 NIV

Do you welcome Jesus? 

You can seek success, do your best and try to be the best at what you do. But, do you welcome Jesus? 

I ask myself, is Jesus welcome in my life? Today as I go to work and deal with middle school students, fellow teachers and staff members and probably a parent or two, I have to ask myself, is Jesus welcome? 

As a child I didn't know how my parents provided breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just knew they did. I didn't know they had to pay the mortgage. I just went home, and lived in our house.  

I think humility is knowing who you are in Christ. A child is just a child and they generally don't even think about it, they just are. Every now and then parents do remind their children they are still children, they're not adults yet. If you have a teenager you know what I mean. The funny thing is even when a teenager tries to tell you they are an adult they still expect you to pay.

My point: Know Jesus. Welcome him. Remember that he is your Lord. He is your Redeemer and Savior. Trust him. He is faithful and will complete the work he is doing in your life. 

Is Jesus welcome in you life?

No comments:

Post a Comment