Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Who You Gonna Call?


To sacrifice a thank offering almost sounds contradictory to me. Sometimes, it can be hard to be thankful, especially when you don't see the hand of God or you didn't get the answer you were hoping for. 

What God does call us to do is to seek him, like we said we would when we gave our lives to him. In a way, I think that until Christ returns we live in "the day of trouble". Jesus told his disciples in John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." 

The amazing truth is that the Lord says to call upon him in the day of trouble and he will answer us! Maybe it's that so often we look to ourselves or others and expect help from them, when God wants us to look to him for help. When God answers our prayers and we know it's him, we will honor him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment