Friday, December 12, 2014

Come and Find Some Rest

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

It's Friday, it's the holidays, it's the end of the year, it's busy. Getting things done, keeping people happy, doing what you have to do. 

I really like Christmas time, but, it can still wear me down a bit. So, I need to remember that no matter what time of year it is, it's Christ's time for me. Rest is found in him and him alone. Gentleness and humility, trademarks of a godly leader, are the marks I should seek to leave behind as I interact and engage with a world seeking hope. 

Christ came into the world as a child. He grew up into a man and born the sins of the world; yours, mine and everyones around us. Come to Jesus. Learn of his love. Find the rest you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment