Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Should You Be Afraid?

Should you not fear me?” declares the Lord.
   “Should you not tremble in my presence?
I made the sand a boundary for the sea,
   an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.
Jeremiah 5:22 (NIV)

Every now and then we need to just stop and remember that God is the Almighty and he answers to no one. All must answer to him. 

Sometimes we forget that God is the Sovereign Judge of all. Every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Every person who arrogantly speaks as if they will question God with some foolish question will realize his own folly. 

As a Christian sometimes we just need to sit down in God's Presence and humbly remember that we need to fear him and tremble in his Presence. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Although I do believe that my salvation is all of grace, I also believe that I should not mess with the grace of God. God is being gracious and merciful to me because he chooses to, not because he has to. 

Father, we come before you and confess that we are sinners. We need you grace and call out for your mercy! Teach us to walk humbly before you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment