Saturday, June 21, 2014

Know God is Your Mighty Warrior

But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior;
   so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. 
They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced;
   their dishonor will never be forgotten.
Lord Almighty, you who examine the righteous
   and probe the heart and mind,
   let me see your vengeance on them,
   for to you I have committed my cause. 
Sing to the Lord!
Give praise to the Lord!
He rescues the life of the needy 
   from the hands of the wicked.
Jeremiah 20:11-13 (NIV) 

Jeremiah sought to do what God had called him to do even though he met with unbearable opposition. His own people just didn't want to hear the truth. The whole country basically hated to see him coming because he constantly reminded them of their sins. To say he might feel like it was him against the world is truly an understatement of Biblical proportions!

Despite the constant opposition Jeremiah reminded himself that it was God that fought his battles and God who they were actually struggling with. Jeremiah did ask to see God's vengeance upon them. I'm comforted by that because I believe I should be gracious with others because God is so gracious to me, yet, sometimes I just want God to squish some people. I think it's all right to sometimes ask God to show you that those that oppose your godly actions reap what they sow. 

The truth for us is that during the daily battles of our faith we can remember that it is God that fights the battle, he is our mighty warrior.

Father, be our mighty warrior today! Open our eyes to see that greater is he that is within us than he that is in the world. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment