Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bumping Heads

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
I John 1:7

I have a couple friends of mine who had a disagreement a couple months ago. They did not handle it well.  I still don't know exactly what happened except for the little part that I just happen to catch my self in the middle of. Both were too concerned about what bothered them or about being right to actually allow any reconciliation. Then after the initial dust settled, a handshake and an, "I'm sorry" wasn't enough. 

I think this relates to the passage because there will be issues. We will bump heads and offend each other, even in church. The intention is that when we interact with each other we act Christlike. We humbly deal with each other knowing that Christ forgives all our sins and still loves us. We, in the same way, forgive each other. Not only do we forgive which is reactive but we serve each other, which is proactive. 

Today we ask ourselves: How can I serve those I come in contact with today? Do I need to forgive someone?

Father, help us to serve each other proactively and forgive each other and you have forgiven us in Christ. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment