Monday, June 16, 2014

Zip Lines, Stars and the Glory of God

The heavens declare the glory of God;
   the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
   night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
   no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
   their words to the ends of the world.
Psalms 19:1-4a (NIV)

This Fathers Day weekend I was blessed to spend it with my youngest son and his Boy Scout Troop. We were in the mountains and we went on a three and a half hour zipline tour! It was awesome! The zipline was great, although I still get a bit freaked out rappelling. One run was a quarter mile so there was time to enjoy the view of the mountains and the valley below. 

We spent the evening around the campfire, making smores and gazing at the stars. Psalm 19 says that the heavens declare the glory of God and night after night the skies display knowledge. Chance did not create such a universe. Aliens did not plant us here on earth. God created the world and everything in it. The heavens declare the glory of God and when I look out on the stars I am humbled. 

I know that some deny that God exist and insist that chance plus time equals the universe we live in. But, I have never heard an atheists tell me my they are an atheist without mentioning the God they say does not exist. God spoke. The heavens declare his glory! 

Father, open the hearts of men to see your glory in the heaven and give you glory in their hearts! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment