Tuesday, December 3, 2013

THE GOD OF I GOT TO HAVE IT NOW

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
     "Never will I leave you;
          never will I forsake you."
 So we say with confidence,
     "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
     What can man do to me?"" 
 Hebrews 13:5-6 (NIV)

We pay our bills with money. So, we have to have some. Wanting to have enough to pay your bills is not greed. Wanting to have enough so you are not worried about living paycheck to paycheck is not greed. Learning to live within your means is where faith meets reality. 

The love of money is not the same as just wanting to not be a slave to your bills. I am not sure but sometimes I think there is a fine line where wanting stuff now and loving money are the same thing because it involves covetousness. I call it the god of "I got to have it now". It usually manifests itself in maxed out credit cards. Sound familiar?

Someone once said that prosperity is having a little more than what you need. Faith is trusting that if you can't pay cash now than maybe God wants you to at least wait until you do. Faith is being able to wait upon God to provide the cash or learning to be content with what we have. Faith allows us to live prosperous lives. 

God won't leave you and God is your helper. 

Father, help us to remember to trust you with our finances. Help us to live by faith knowing that you will provide fro all our needs in Christ Jesus. Thank you for providing and that my family and I have what we need today. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment