Sunday, December 8, 2013

OCCUPIED?

"On my bed I remember you;
     I think of you through the watches of the night. 
 Because you are my help,
     I sing in the shadow of your wings. 
 I cling to you;
     your right hand upholds me."
Psalms 63:6-8 (NIV)

Our minds, our hearts, what we allow ourselves to think about is really what is our hearts desire. With David, it is very apparent what occupied his inner being. It's really who David's inner being was occupied by and that was God. 

David was a very human person. He had very human desires. He sinned like everyone else. Not everyone has committed adultery and murder like David, but we all have sinned. The thing about David that we all should learn from is that David turned to God. After victories, after defeats, in the desert as a shepherd and in the palace as a king, David sought God. 

This is the lesson of David we all should learn: seek God. Seek God where you are at and where you will be. Seek God in victory, defeat, loneliness and satisfaction. Seek God and praise him because he is your Help. 

Father, help us to seek you and praise you. Thank you for being our help and upholding us in the shadow of your wings. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment