Thursday, December 26, 2013

DID YOU HEAR, DID YOU SEE?

"The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they and heard and seen, which were just as they had been told." Luke 2:20

So Christmas day is over. Let me ask you a question: What did you hear and see? Did you hear and see Christ this Christmas? My question to myself as a husband, father and friend is: Did I show and speak Christ to my wife, my children and my friends? 

I don't want to be self-righteous or condemning because I think that I, like most Christians, want to be Christlike, especially at Christmas. It's just that while I was preparing to read the Christmas story for a family gathering, trying to think of a way to read it creatively, the word "seen" stuck out to me. 

What did the shepherds see? They saw the Messiah in an unlikely place, revealed to them, unlikely witnesses of the incarnation. They the Messiah's earthly entrance which except for the angels announcement to them might of gone unnoticed. But, they didn't just see a baby, they saw the Messiah. They saw the hope of the deliverance that Messiah was to bring. 

I was reminded  to look and see the work of Christ in my life. I was reminded of Christ's forgiveness, mercy and grace to me. I am thankful that he's not finished and that he is faithful to complete what he has started in my life. 

Just take a moment and remember what Christ has done in your life and what he wants to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment