Thursday, December 12, 2013

PASSING THE TRIAL TEST

"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him." James 1:12 (NIV)

A friend of mine struggled for a long time with the loss of his mother. He just couldn't believe that God let his mother die. It was a real barrier to his growth as a Christian. Until he came to grips with the ugly truth that because of sin we all die he found it difficult to trust God. 

Trials happen. Temptations will cross your path. Even Christ was tempted (Matthew 4). God does have a purpose for our trials. God's purpose is to mature us, to make us Christlike. 

Lately I have been going through a few trials that affect me and I have absolutely no control over them. All I can do is wait upon God. All I can do is trust that he is Sovereign and in control of everything. I can respond in love. I can respond with grace. I can act in faith. 

In the end, by his grace,  I hope for a crown of life. 

Father, help us to stand the test. Strengthen us in you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment