Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A FEW GODLY MEN

Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:7-8 (NIV)

I have been very blessed to have had some godly men in my life. My youth pastors were both great guys who gave me time and we're great examples of real men living lives for Jesus. Both worked full time jobs while volunteering as youth pastors. How these men treated their wives and children influenced how I would be a husband and father.

When I attended Bible school in England the schools' principal befriended me. I learned that being a leader doesn't mean that you go it alone. His honesty, humility and openness taught me how to love others in a truly Christlike manner.

I thank God for these men and the example they set for me. I saw the love of Christ lived out in these men and their lives. Their lives were real. Their faith was real. The love of Christ was real. 

Father, thank you that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever and his love for us never ceases or changes. Help us to love as he has loved us. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment