Thursday, October 9, 2014

Is God Angry With You?

I will heal their waywardness
   and love them freely,
   for my anger has turned away from them.
Hosea 14:4

Let's be real. Sometimes we stray. We get a little off course. We sin. One of the absolutely amazing truths about God is that he loves us freely and heals our waywardness.

I don't know about you, but when I struggle my first instinct is to try to heal myself before I go to God. That is like being sick yet waiting until I feel better before I go to the doctor. 

The fruit of our sin can be very painful. It may seem like God is angry with you. The truth is that he loves us enough to send his Son to die for our sins and open the way back to him.

In Christ, your sins are forgiven. Whatever you have been struggling with, God knows. In Christ he heals. In Christ he freely loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment