Monday, March 31, 2014

REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR PRAISE IN SHAPE

Shout for joy to God, all the earth!
   Sing the glory of his name; 
   make his praise glorious. 
Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!
   So great is your power 
   that your enemies cringe before you.
All the earth bows down to you;
   they sing praise to you,
   they sing the praises of your name.”
Psalms 66:1-4 (NIV)

My son and I went camping with his Boy Scout troop this past week end. It was a nice overnighter, my son's first backpacking adventure and my first and too long. I knew I was out of shape, but man alive, that just proved it. I am very sore today. 

I tried to stop and enjoy the view, but because I was out of shape I really didn't get to soak it in. I think that is a little like praise and thankfulness. If we don't make it a practice to take the time to be thankful and praise God for the things he provides like our daily bread, jobs, families and friends, we will miss out on much of what warrants our thankfulness and praise. 

So I encourage you to, spiritually speaking, keep your thankfulness and praise muscles in shape. 

Father, open our eyes to see all that you do for us each and every day. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment