Tuesday, March 18, 2014

GOT SHEEP?

To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder and a witness of Christ’s sufferings who also will share in the glory to be revealed: Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
1 Peter 5:1-4 (NIV)

I am a shepherd. I am entrusted with a marriage, a family, six classrooms full of kids, and few endeavours where I volunteer. 

You may not think that you have any influence because you are not "the leader" or a minister or evangelist, but, it is the Holy Spirit that moves and works in each of us. You may not know what God is doing, but he does. 

I was blessed to be involved with my youngest son's Cub Scout pack. This year he (we) moved up to the Boy Scouts. When I left several of the other parents told me they looked at me as a spiritual leader. I was just trying to be a good parent and friend as I believe Christ would have me be. I actually didn't think God was using me, but, he was. 

My point is that you should just try to be Christlike and serve in what ever way you can. God will decide how to use you. 

Father, help us to be Christlike and serve.  Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment