Friday, March 7, 2014

GO AHEAD, ENJOY THE GIFTS!

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.
Ecclesiastes 3:11-14 (NIV)

As a parent one of the great joys is watching your children open a present you know they will really appreciate. This last year my wife had the idea to get our daughter a Kindle because she loves to read. Now, she had asked for some other things but, we got her the Kindle instead. My daughter was very happy.

Some of the gifts of God are not what we ask for, but they are what God knows we will truly enjoy. I think sometimes we forget that we can enjoy the life God has given us. It is very good to just take in the view at the beach with my wife. Sometimes I really enjoy my job. Volunteering for my son's Scout troop is rewarding for me. This past year I have been able to golf with some great guys. These are gifts from God. 

Father, thank you for the gifts you give us every day. Open our eyes to see all that you have given us. Thank you, Lord. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment