Tuesday, April 1, 2014

DID YOU EARN THAT PROMISE?

Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 
II Peter 1:4

I think what is amazing is that the promises of God are given, not earned. The opportunity to participate in the divine nature is a gift of grace not a state of being to be reached by some effort on our part. 

His promise is that he has given me everything I need for life and godliness. His glory and goodness in me is his promise. 

When I don't feel righteous I remember I Corinthians 1:30, "It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption." 

When I don't feel like God is working in my life I remember Philippians 1:6, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." 

When I sin I remember I John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (Emphasis mine)

What is a promise that helps you remember? 

Father, help us to remember your promises and participate in the divine nature. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment