Friday, March 28, 2014

DO YOU HAVE WHAT YOU NEED?

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
II Peter 1:3 

The first year I was the assistant principal for summer school I was trying to follow the principal's lead and I was not really taking charge. Finally, the principal told me they wanted me to run the program. Once I knew the principal wanted me to pretty much take charge of everything, I could go at it with full confidence. 

Sometimes we are hesitant in our faith because we either don't know or forget what God has given us which is everything we need. 

The key is knowing Christ. Paul said, "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead" (Philippians 3:10-11). Knowing Christ isn't just about church. Knowing Christ is where your daily life and faith fuse together. 

Take just a moment and remember that knowing Christ is trusting him right where you are at. 

Father, help us to know you in what we are going through right now. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment