Tuesday, March 11, 2014

HOW DO YOU STAY FOCUSED IN PRAYER?

The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. 
I Peter 4:7

Prayer is much more than a recitation of a liturgy. Prayer is  the pouring out of our hearts to God our Father. 

I think one of the reasons that Jesus told his disciples to go into a closet when they prayed is because he simply wanted them to be able to focus on prayer and not be distracted. Have you ever talked with someone and you knew they were thinking of something else? You can see it in there eyes. They're talking to you but they are obviously thinking of something else. They have that far away look. 

Well, when we pray, we need to be focused on prayer and the Father to whom we are praying. Sometimes I write out my prayers just because it focuses me. Other times I walk. It just depends on what will help me keep a clear mind and focus on talking with God. 

How do you stay clear minded and self-controlled when you pray?

Father, help us to be clear minded and self-controlled when we pray. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment