Monday, March 24, 2014

IT WILL FEEL BETTER LATER

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 5:10-11 (NIV)

I have been pretty busy lately. One thing that I have neglected is my personal fitness. I finally got in a little exercise this past week. I feel a bit better. You see, I have seen the result of exercising. I know that if I keep a consistent routine I will be healthier and feel better all around. 

I know this is a bit of a stretch trying to connect the idea of exercising and I Peter 5:10-11, but, let's go with it. Yesterday I was getting in a little cardio. My left calf muscle kept cramping up a little. When I got home and stretched, drank some water and relaxed, I felt a lot better. The connection is that in our lives we may suffer for a while, but, God himself will restore us and make us strong. In the same way that exercise can make us stronger, trials make us stronger in Christ. 

Whatever the trial you are going through know that God's plan is to bring you through it and then restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 

Father, bring us through our trails, restore us and make us strong, firm and steadfast. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment