Friday, October 23, 2015

The Lord Will Fight for You

Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Exodus 14:13-14 NIV

This is a great chapter for a lot of reason. One is that God will fight for us as we stand firm. We don't need to be afraid because God will go before us and as the Israelites would see, God will stand guard behind us too. 

I also find it interesting that Moses told them to stand firm then he cried out to the Lord and the told asked him, "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on?" Then the Lord sends them through the sea. If I put myself in Moses' place I don't think taking a short cut through the sea would be my plan. He probably thought God would just wipe out the Egyptians right there, that's why he told them to stand firm and they would see the deliverance of the Lord. 

Sometimes our deliverance takes us through a route we couldn't even conceive. We might have to walk through the sea to get to where God wants us to be. If I was an Israelite and I was backed into a corner, then sent into the sea, and the sea is standing up on both sides of me, I would kind of be in shock, awe and maybe a bit afraid. I just would of never thought of that as being a possible deliverance. 

What's the lesson for us? Stand firm and see the deliverance of the Lord. Don't be surprised if deliverance leads you down a path you never would of thought of. But, trust him to deliver you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment