Friday, October 16, 2015

It's Friday, Please God

May my meditation be pleasing to him,
   as I rejoice in the Lord.
Psalms 104:34 NIV


It's Friday and most people are looking forward to the weekend. There is a lot of things to enjoy, perhaps some chores to be done, maybe a honey-do list. If you have children, you probably have little league, football, soccer or Scouting. Some people just look forward to hanging out with friends or watching football. 

Reading these verses this morning made me think of what sort of is in the background of my mind as I go through this day. I thought about what pleases God. I don't think I have to be constantly quoting a verse to myself, although that is a good thing. But, it is a good thing to just think about filtering my thoughts with the idea of pleasing God. 

You see, if we decide to do our jobs, as unto the Lord, then it just keeps things in perspective. Again, if we seek to be a servant of all, even at work, because we are seeking to abide in Christ, we meditate on his Sovereignty to be at work in our jobs. May that be our prayer, that our thoughts and actions may be in Christ, and please God by trying to love and serve at home and at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment