Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What Comes Up?

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.
Luke 6:45 NIV

I've noticed that there are two times when I can see what is in my heart. The first is when I have a moments down time. The second is when I'm reacting quickly, usually if someone or something upsets me. What comes up then gives me a pretty good indication of what's in my heart. 

In a moment of down time I tend to think about what is really occupying my thoughts. When I am upset I can see what is at the bottom of my heart. 

What I need to do is fill my heart and mind with good things. Again, I am not throwing out a guilt bomb telling you to read your Bible every spare moment you have or pray every day during your coffee break and lunch. (Don't be afraid to if you want, but don't vow yourself into a corner.) But, do spend some time in prayer and reading the Bible. Put all things in perspective, under Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment