Saturday, January 31, 2015

Faith to Forgive

So watch yourselves.“If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.” The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”
Luke 17:3-5 NIV

Sometimes it seems hard to trust God that if we forgive someone that we won't be opening ourselves up for more hurt. Forgiving someone does not make them perfect. Christ forgave my sins, but, I still sin (See I John 1:8-10), even though I try not to. Sin happens. 

Faith, trusts God to be Sovereign over even the damage of sin in our lives. Our sin and the sin of others, intentional and accidental. 

Father, give us the faith to forgive and trust you with what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment