Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Upside Down Kingdom

Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, "So! You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, come down from the cross and save yourself!"
Mark 15:29-30


The world just doesn't get it. Jesus didn't come to save himself, he came to save sinners, to save you and me.

The Kingdom of God is not like the world's kingdoms which are all about who's on top, no, the Kingdom of God is the upside down kingdom. Christ, the King of kings and Lord of lords, came not to be served but to serve. Jesus was not on the cross to make himself king, he already was king. Jesus was on the cross to get us into the kingdom.

Thank you, Jesus, that you died for me. Thank you that you endured the cross so that I might be in your kingdom. Thank you, my Lord and my King. 

No comments:

Post a Comment