Monday, May 12, 2014

God Will Not Forget You

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
   and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
   I will not forget you!
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
   your walls are ever before me.
Isaiah 49:15-16

One of the amazing things I remember about my wife when are children were first born was how atune she was to taking care of them. The baby definitely was her main concern. It is just amazing to see the love of a mother with her child. 

God's love for us is even greater. His concern for us is unwavering. Christ physically bears the marks that serve as reminders of his love for us. In John 16:24-30 Thomas doubted Christ's resurrection until he could see the nail marks in Christ's hands and put his finger where the nails were. Christ stood among the disciples and showed his hands to Thomas and told him to stop doubting and believe. Thomas could only reply,"My Lord and my God!"  

Isaiah's words foretold of God's love in Christ and John's message reminds of the truth and depth of God's love for us in Christ. Both proclaim the God will not forget us. 

Father, thank you for the truth that you will not forget us! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment