Thursday, May 1, 2014

What's Your Anguish?

But what can I say? 
   He has spoken to me, 
   and he himself has done this.
I will walk humbly all my years
   because of this anguish of my soul.
Lord, by such things people live;
   and my spirit finds life in them too.
You restored me to health
   and let me live.
Surely it was for my benefit 
   that I suffered such anguish.
In your love you kept me
   from the pit of destruction;
you have put all my sins
   behind your back.
Isaiah 38:15-17 (NIV)

I don't know about you, but sometimes (well, most of the time) I don't know what God is doing. I mean, I know his ultimate goal is to shape me into the image of his son, Jesus Christ. It's just specifically, at the moment I don't often "see" what God is about. I have to take it by faith that he is working all things out for my good.

King Hezekiah was suffering from a life threatening illness when he cried out to God. God answered and healed him. It was after he was healed that he could say that it was for his benefit that he suffered such anguish. It humbled him. And humility is when we see ourselves correctly or truthfully before God. 

You may be going through some form of anguish. I am. Like Hezekiah we can only call out upon God and seek him. He will keep us from the pit of destruction and put all our sins behind his back. 

Father, hear our prayers and see our anguish. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment